We’re delighted that you’re considering Kingswood College as your school of choice – and we know that, should you decide to join our family, your association with the school will be a long and happy one.
This page contains some of the essential information you need to know to start your Kingswood journey.
Process and Timeline
Please download and fill in the application form, and send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the Admissions team will respond.
The Admissions team will be the point of communication with parents during the admission process. Places are allocated on the basis of ‘first come first served’ and when all places are taken, a waiting list operates.
Please bear the following in mind:
1. Please fill in the application document in full – any omitted information will cause a delay in your application. You can apply to Kingswood College online or scan and email completed forms to email@example.com. Otherwise you can print and fax the completed forms to +27 86 685 3857.
2. Each page of the application document must be initialled and where requested the signatures required (parents, witnesses) must be clearly visible.
3. Please ensure that you provide the following information with the application:
● A copy of your child’s birth certificate and Passport or Identity document;
● A proof of address and ID document should an alternative person be responsible for the account;
● A copy of both parents’ identity documents or passports;
● A copy of the last school report with the school’s full name, contact person’s name, contact number, email address and location.
4. The Admissions Department will review the academic qualifications and school references. The Admissions Department may invite the applicant to make an appointment for an assessment.
5. Once the assessment is complete, the Admissions Department will advise you, in writing, of the school’s decision. This may take up to two weeks.
6. Should your child be accepted into Kingswood College, enrolment fees will be required to secure your child’s place. To confirm acceptance of offer, the applicant must confirm by email or letter within one week of reception of the offer and pay the enrolment deposit within three weeks thereafter .
7. Once your enrolment fees have been paid and proof thereof has been received by the Admissions Department, you will receive a Confirmation of Enrolment letter with all necessary documentation and information required.
Kingswood College offers scholarships to pupils of exceptional ability/talent in academics, sport and music who wish to enter the College in Grade 8 or Grade 10.
The following Scholarships are available:
● Pupils with strong academic ability are invited to apply to write our scholarship exam with an emphasis on language, mathematics and general knowledge.
● Although scholarships are awarded primarily on academic performance, character, leadership potential, cultural astuteness and sporting ability are also taken into consideration.
● Pupils who have excelled in the sporting and/or cultural field and have a good academic record may apply for this scholarship.
● Kingswood has a rich sporting tradition and world-class facilities. We invite talented sportsmen and women, preferably all-rounders to apply for sports scholarships. High performance (possibly Provincial) in one or more sports in which Kingswood College competes, would be an advantage.
● The winner of the scholarship must undertake to represent the School for the duration of her or his time at Kingswood College, unless injured.
● Our Music School is home to the Kingswood College Concert Band and a number of other ensembles. Music is offered as a subject choice in the Senior School from Grade 8 to Matric. Musically talented applicants must be at a Grade 4 Music level or higher and will be invited to an interview and an audition. They will be required to play pieces, scales and do sight reading.
● Applications must be accompanied by a teacher’s report and a recommendation.
How to apply:
Applications for the above-mentioned scholarships need to be made by submitting the following:
• A completed Kingswood application form
• A copy of your birth certificate
• Copies of your last two school reports
• A letter of motivation why you would like to attend Kingswood College (the motivation letter must be in the applicant’s handwriting)
• Documentary evidence and proof of sporting abilities – only applicable for the Sports Scholarship
• Any additional information about activities and achievements outside the classroom
In the box on the right you will find a link to download the latest school fees.
Visiting the Campus
All prospective parents pupils and siblings are warmly invited to visit the school Individualised visits begin with a tour of the school (including a tour of one of the houses) followed by a meeting with the Head of the Senior School. Meetings with other key members of staff can also be arranged.
To arrange a personal visit, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with the Immigration Act, 2002 (Act No. 13 of 2002), a foreign pupil MUST supply the school with a VALID Study Permit, prior to the commencement of attendance. A foreign pupil may not begin studies at any educational facility in South Africa without a valid study permit issued by the South African Department of Home Affairs.
Please note that French language is offered to pupils who begin their schooling in SA in Grade 7 or later.