Afrikaans First Additional Language Teacher Grades 8-12
Closing date for applications: Friday, 20 May 2022
Commencement Date: 1 September 2022
As a leading co-educational independent school, based in Makhanda/Grahamstown, Kingswood College invites applications for the above post.
The successful applicant for this senior school post should:
- Have relevant academic qualifications;
- Be registered with SACE;
- Have a passion for teaching;
- Be experienced with a thorough knowledge of the Afrikaans curriculum;
- IEB experience would be advantageous;
- Be creative, innovative, organised and well-motivated;
- Be computer literate (Google Apps for Education & MS Office) and prepared to engage with 21st Century teaching methodologies;
- Be willing and competent to contribute and participate in the school’s diverse sport and co-curricular programme;
- Experience in teaching Grades 10-12 is strongly recommended.
Members of staff are expected to identify with the values and ethos of the school, as well as our strategic imperative of “Educating for Life”. Members of staff are expected to support the Christian ethos of the school.
The College reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the post. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment. Failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicant’s automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.
Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the Employment Equity Act.
Kingswood College, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.