Closing date for applications: Friday 25 June 2021
Commencement Date: 01 January 2022
Kingswood College invites applications for the position of College Head. This is a rare opportunity for an experienced leader to work closely with the Kingswood College Council to provide exceptional strategic and operational leadership to the College, and continue to build on and grow Kingwood’s long history of excellence.
Kingswood College is a leading independent co-educational Christian boarding school, located in the heart of the Eastern Cape, Makhanda (Grahamstown). Kingswood College boasts some of the country’s finest academic, boarding and sporting facilities. We are market leaders in our character building curriculum, leadership institute and transformation strategy.
- Qualifications: Relevant post graduate degree
- Experience: Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a senior management position
- Partner with Council in the formulation of the strategic plan.
- Operationalise the strategic plan through engagement, delegation and accountability.
- Manage and lead the LeadCom team (senior management team).
- To represent the College by fulfilling social, ceremonial, and legal responsibilities.
- Communicate and engage with internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to articulate the unique contemporary experience at Kingswood College.
- Provide strategic direction to the staff of the College, and always communicating a clear vision and direction.
- Ensure a good understanding of the international educational environment and regulatory dynamics in the South African context.
- Understanding of educational technology and innovation.
- Encourage environmental best practise.
- Champion the transformation journey, ensuring that the Kingswood College experience is positive and enriching for all.
- Formulate an enrolment plan and oversight of an efficient and exceptional admissions experience.
- Engage meaningfully and strategically with the alumni network.
- To lead the Kingswood Foundation, promoting the advancement and sustainability of the College.
- To recruit, develop and retain quality staff by developing, recommending, and implementing sound HR policies and practices.
- Embed Community Engagement in the curriculum, ensuring that the College fulfils its social responsibility and creates opportunities for pupils and staff to fulfil theirs.
- Maintain an academic and cultural curriculum that is contemporary, with a clear teaching and learning philosophy and explicit strategy.
- Deepen the understanding and engagement with I C E (Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship) and character building as key features of our pupil experience.
- Ensure sporting opportunities and quality coaching for all pupils in recognised Kingswood sports.
- Ensure a safe, caring and family like environment is created in the boarding spaces.
- Overall accountability for the College financial management.
- Oversight of the management of the estate and buildings.
COMPETENCIES / SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Strategic orientation with experience in implementing a successful strategic plan.
- Strong team leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy imperative.
- Self-driven and enthusiastic.
- Assertive and flexible.
- Good organisational and administrative skills.
- Value diversity and uniqueness.
- Innovative, lateral and analytical thinker.
- Remain up to date and knowledgeable of the educational landscape.
To be the leader of this exceptional co-educational Methodist school please submit a covering letter and Curriculum Vitae including two contactable referees by email, before Friday 25 June 2021, to: email@example.com
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The College reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the post. Kingswood College shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that we and all our partners, clients, and agents or third parties comply with the Protection of Personal Information Act.
An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.
Members of staff are expected to support the Christian ethos of the school.