The President's Award
Kingswood College is proud to offer our pupils the chance of participating in The President’s Award programme from Grade 8, a nationally and internationally recognised programme.
About the programme
The President’s Award (TPA) is a full member of the Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award for Young People. The International Award Foundation oversees the Award Programme in over 140 countries globally, with 25 countries in Africa.
Participants progress at their own pace through 3-Levels: Bronze, Silver & Gold.
Bronze – Ages 14+
Silver – Ages 15+
Gold – Ages -16+
There are 5-Sections to the Programme that must be done for a specified minimum period of time and for each Level:
- Physical Recreation – Encourages improved performance & physical fitness
- Service – Encourages responsibility to the community
- Skills – Encourage the development of cultural, vocational & practical skills
- Adventurous Journey – Cultivates a spirit of adventure and discovery; an understanding of the environment and the importance of team work and common purpose
- A Residential Project – Gold Level Only – Broadens their experience through living & working with others over a 5-consecutive day period. An experience outside a participant’s ecosystem”.