“The beautiful thing about learning is that nobody can take it away from you.” – B.B. King
With classes set to resume on Wednesday 29 April, our Kingswood Senior School Heads Mrs Tracy van Molendorff and Mr David Wright, shared their Term 2 welcome with all Senior parents today.
Please click through to the link below to read the full letter here…
Some of the things you will find inside…
- A message from the College Head
- Details on how the academic day will progress
- Your role as a senior school parent and your child’s role in this new and challenging space
- How sport will work while everyone is at home
- “How to prepare for e-learning?” tips by Ms Ghida Bernard (Learning Support Specialist at Kingswood College)
- A message from Ms Theresa Yell (School Psychologist)
- Messages from the pupil leaders
We will keep you informed of all government regulations with regards to education and the changes that will take place during the course of Term Two. What is clear, is that schools will not be open for “normal” classroom teaching in April and the early part of May, hence the decision to resume our term with online learning.
There is every likelihood that schools will be able to open again at some stage during the course of the second term – albeit under strict regulations. However, some of our children may still not be able to travel and will need to continue their learning at home. As a result, we will be preparing our lessons for both face-to-face classroom teaching and online learning, where the lessons are recorded and shared with those who can’t be in class or shared live.