“Out of adversity comes opportunity” – Benjamin Franklin
With classes set to resume on Wednesday 29 April, our Kingswood Junior School Head, Mr James Hough, shared his Term 2 welcome with all Junior parents today.
Please click through to the link below to read his full letter here…
Some of the things you will find inside…
- Messages from the Junior Head as well as College Head
- Some important notes on online learning going forward
- Helpful tips of setting your child up for success
- A special video from the teachers to the pupils
- “How to prepare for e-learning?” tips by Ms Ghida Bernard (Learning Support Specialist at Kingswood College)
- A message from Ms Theresa Yell (School Psychologist)
- Some resources to use suggested by our Deputy Head, Carissa Wilson
- Keeping active at home tips, ideas plus some resources
We will keep you informed of all government regulations with regards to education and the changes that will take place during the course of Term Two. What is clear, is that schools will not be open for “normal” classroom teaching in April and the early part of May, hence the decision to resume our term with online learning.
There is every likelihood that schools will be able to open again at some stage during the course of the second term – albeit under strict regulations. However, some of our children may still not be able to travel and will need to continue their learning at home. As a result, we will be preparing our lessons for both face-to-face classroom teaching and online learning, where the lessons are recorded and shared with those who can’t be in class or shared live.