Join us for a fun, interactive and full training camp focusing on skill development for Water Polo players at all levels. This is a great way to kick-start the upcoming Water Polo season. Three days of jam-packed polo learning from some of the best. Provide your child with the opportunity to meet and learn from other players and to extend their skill-set. Come and make a splash with us…
Headed up by Mr Temba Bungane and supported by Mr Joshua Timm, Mr Pieter Serfontein, Mr Ian Melliar and Mr Bernard Whitaker. Mr Devon Kemp and Ms Jade Walters will act as Support Coaches during this camp. You could not find a better team from which to learn and grow from!
Coaching staff and structure:
- Mr Temba Bungane (Current SA U20 Assistant Coach; EP Schools & Kingswood 1st Boys’ Coach): Seniors (Intermediate/Elite)
- Mr Joshua Timm (EP Schools Coach; Grey PE Junior & Kingswood U13 Coach) : Juniors (Amateur/Beginner)
- Mr Pieter Serfontein (Zim/WP/EP Schools & Kingswood 1st Girls’ Coach; Founder National Water Polo Coaches Conference) : Splash (Learn to play)
- Mr Ian Melliar (Sydney Olympics & World Champs FINA International Referee; WP Men’s Water Polo; Head of Water Polo, Kingswood College) : Rules and Tech Table Workshop
- Mr Bernard Whitaker: Goalkeepers
- Mr Devon Kemp & and Ms Jade Walters: Support Coaches
- U9 – U11 – Splash/Learn to play Water Polo (Action)
- U12 – U14 – Amateur/Beginner and added two layers of intermediate – expert skill (Juniors)
- U15 – U19 – Intermediate – Expert level skill (Seniors)
Groups will be determined by level of skill and each group will get a tailored programme, so as to not overwhelm or underwhelm those at different levels.
- Seniors: 3 sessions a day (2 two-hour sessions + 1 one-hour session)
- Juniors: 3 sessions a day (2 one-and-a-half hour sessions + 1 one-hour session)
- Splash: 2 sessions a day (2 one-and- a-half hour sessions)
Skills development – Attack, Defense & Body Movement & Matches and Game sense
Date & Venue:
Thursday 6 – Saturday 8 Jan 2022 at Kingswood College, Makhanda (Grahamstown)
Registration: Thursday 6 January at 09h30
Clinic ends at 17h00 on Saturday 8 January
Sign up today:
To find out more about this camp, please contact Mr. Pieter Serfontein on +27 79 891 7983 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to include your child’s name, school, age, and grade, as well as your own contact details.
COST: R500 per person (Compulsory), Meals R500 (Optional – Incl. 7 meals), Accommodation R500 (Optional – Incl. 2 nights) and Gift R500 (Optional)
If you would like to sign up for this event, please click through on the link below: